Teaching is the profession that…
Back _____ the early 1980s I spent some time _____ that beach.
Can you tell me what time you will arrive _____ the hotel?
Do you work _____ Mondays?
Dr Pitt isn’t here _____ the moment, so one of the other doctors will see you _____ a moment.
Jane is waiting for you _____ the bus stop.
Where will you be _____ New Year’s Day?
I was never good _____ sports.
Who would you most like to see live _____ concert?
I was madly _____ love with her.
When I arrived _____ the venue there were already hundreds of excited fans queuing _____ the entrance. I eventually got inside the huge arena and made my way to the front – I wanted to be next to the stage _____ order to get the best view.
Which of these things do you do _____ a regular basis?
I can’t wait for the weekend because I’m going _____ a trip with Paul.
I couldn’t tell _____ a glance whether the diamond was real, but when I looked at it _____ detail, I realised that it was.
I don’t usually work _____ the weekend.
We left _____ midnight.
I read the article _____ computer games you published _____ your newspaper last week. I am a fourteen-year-old student and would like to express my views _____ the matter
We finished the test _____ the same time.
Have you ever taken part _____ a school sports day?
The play is set _____ the Middle Ages.
Angie’s still _____ home.
I stay with my family _____ Christmas.
The author’s name is _____ the cover of the book.
Psychologists are warning that this popular pastime can have only negative effects _____ our nation’s youth.
Everything _____ this store is _____ sale.
Retirement _____ sixty-five is ridiculous.
She describes how she coped with being bullied _____ social media and what it has been like to grow up _____ a digital world.
He is _____ the phone right now.
I’ll see you _____ five o’clock.
Some countries insist _____ food security, although many of their demands are absurd.
I live _____ the 7th floor _____ 21 Oxford Street _____ London.
I am sure that you enjoy the hilarious scenes that are shown _____ the end of many films – those embarrassing moments that have been cut from the film before it goes _____ general release. There are many websites _____ the Internet dedicated to highlighting these mistakes for us, as most of us are so absorbed _____ the film that we rarely notice them.
We are not interested _____ gambling.
The success of a new airport would depend _____ its ability to attract airlines.
We buy some fresh bread from the only shop _____ the island.
He had an angry look _____ his face.
You have recently seen a film based _____ a novel you have read.
_____ conclusion, _____ such a competitive business there are always potential dangers for a child actor. _____ my opinion, the key to turning all the disadvantages into advantages is good parenting.
It was while I was _____ my way home that I bumped into Helen.
If you’re _____ a diet to lose weight, you’ll stay away from places that serve fattening food.
You’re here _____ last. You were supposed to be here an hour ago.
After college I went to work _____ libraries, while I waited for the position I wanted _____ fashion.
Let me give you some advice _____ how to do it
They will be married _____ her birthday.
_____ order to prepare young people for life today, there must be less emphasis _____ traditional academic subjects and more _____ those which teach the skills needed to compete _____ the twenty-first century
He’s having a bath _____ the moment
He succeeded _____ making everyone angry.
You don’t need to go _____ a diet; you look great.
_____ Christmas we’re always surrounded by lots of food.
The train left _____ time.
We laughed _____ his silly shirt.
They arrived _____ Paris last night.
Children who use mobile phones are _____ risk of sleeping disorders.
Last year the magazine said the market was _____ danger of a sharp fall.
The teacher is keeping an eagle eye on you!
- impartial, objective, independent, unbiased, accurate
- a controversial issue, shocking images, sensational images, a misleading story, untrue stories, dubious stories
- cover a story, check the facts, read between the lines, distort the truth, practise true journalism and not propaganda, manipulate people, act in an iunprejudiced way, hit the headlines, create or confirm prejudicial attitudes
- In the digital age, it is easier than ever to publish false information. / We are privileged to live in an era when we can use many new technologies. / Technology and media do not exist in isolation – they help shape society, just as they are shaped by it in turn.
- When it comes to reporting current affairs, the role of the media is to inform, and news items should therefore be presented objectively. Do you agree?
- Write an email to a friend giving your opinion about the news story you read. Explain whether or not you enjoyed reading it.
- “Newspapers will soon be a thing of the past” – Do you agree with this statement?
- Is it more important to get news fast or accurately?
Are you a music lover? Can you help us? Write an article about the best live concert you have ever been to. Send us your article today!
go to a concert, cheer and clap, be on stage, look forward to, arrive at the venue, dance to the music, move to the rhythm, be over the moon, see (sb) live in concert, have a whale of a time, great hits, expensive tickets, a huge number of fans, hundreds of excited fans, gigantic video screens, spectacular and entertaining, an amazing performance, a fantastic concert
- The crowd was shouting with _____ , waiting for the band to appear. EXCITE
- The tickets were very expensive because of the band’s _____ POPULAR
- The _____ came into the crowd and I just jumped onto a chair and took a quick _____ ! SING, SELF
- People clapped again and they began _____ play the music.
- Dozens of musicians and singers performed _____ two stages _____ the park.
- He is, _____ doubt, the most talented musician I have ever _____ the pleasure of seeing.
put out: extinguish something that is burning