Exam task: Presentation/discussion on a news story.
Task type: Prepared (Candidates have followed a news story from at least two media sources).
Time: 4-5 min. approx.
IMPORTANT: The news story must be recent, taken from two different sources. Dates and sources must be mentioned.
- What story did you choose?
- Why did you choose this story?
- Did you learn something from this story?
- What sources did you use to find this story?
- What impressed you most in the news story you read and why?
- If you were a reporter, would you choose to write this type of news story? Why/why not?
- “A picture is worth a thousand words”. Is this true for the images of your news story? Why/why not?
- What do you think will happen next?
- I enjoyed/didn’t enjoy this news story because…