- an avid reader of, a voracious reader, a bookworm, a best-selling author of
- leaf through a book, leaf through the first few pages, read the first chapter, be / get hooked on, pick up a book, write a book on, skim through a book
- be a real page-turner, become a best seller, tell the story of, be an instant success, keep the reader in suspense, be a marvellously readable book, plunge readers into a world of secrets
- gripping, engrossing, compelling, spellbinding, fast-paced, brilliant, captivating, action-packed, thrilling, heartbreaking, outstanding, poignant, thought-provoking, stirring, fast-moving, awe-inspiring, heart-wrenching, spine-tingling, spine-chilling
- a hardback edition, an inexpensive paperback edition, a dog-eared paperback book
As promised in the title, the main plot of the novel revolves around…
The book met with great critical acclaim.
The book took the world by storm.
The blurb describes it as a…
a struggle for survival, a battle between good and evil, an amazingly detailed account of
…explores the classic, timeless themes of…
…that you will not put down until you reach the very last page.
I would definitely recommend it to…
After thumbing through a few pages, I was hooked immediately.
…had me in stitches with tears running down my cheeks, …made me laugh out loud
be moved to tears, burst into tears
the film adaptation of the book
a rather surprising string of plot twists
…explores the devastation of loss, the euphoria of finding love again, and the repercussions of discovering the truth about the ones we hold dear and the lengths they will go to protect us.
* you can’t judge a book by its cover (proverb)
What books are currently on your nightstand?
What’s the last great book you read?
Tell us about the last book that made you laugh.
What’s the last book that really scared you?
Who is your favorite fictional hero or heroine?
What’s the best book you’ve ever received as a gift?
What kind of reader were you as a child?
Do you have an all-time favorite author?
What do you plan to read next?
Do you read books based on recommendations?